Sequence32 INC (“Sequence32”, “we”, “us”) uses several safeguards to protect the privacy of Users of the Sequence32 Platform and the discretion of their Personal Information including dental/medical Information (collectively referred to as “Information”).
Note that this Policy does not apply to the collection, use, retention, disposal, destruction, and protection of Information by your Assigned Independent Dental Professionals (“AIDP”, “AIDPs”). AIDPs are subject to privacy legislation and professional requirements that govern their management of Information, including Information they collect, use and retain in the course of providing services through the Sequence32 telehealth Platform.
Collecting and using Information
Sequence32 collects and uses Information only when necessary to provide our services, including to develop, assess, and improve our services. We minimize our collection and use of Information to what is needed for these purposes.
AIDPs collect and use Information that you provide during your purchase of our starter kit by viewing the information that you have entered or uploaded to the Sequence32 Platform and by creating or compiling Information in the Sequence32 Platform. The Information that they collect, and use includes: the details that you provided in your Am I a candidate questionnaire, the information entered in the medical/dental questionnaire, the Information obtained and uploaded with the use of the starter kit, as well as your approval of our terms of service and consent form.
Provision of the Sequence32 Platform
- We collect and use your Information to create your User Account, authenticate you when you log in and personalize your experience while using the Sequence32 Platform. We confirm your eligibility to use the Sequence32 Platform for services by confirming Information when you register and complete your starter kit.
- We use Information that you enter, or upload to verify your eligibility and help the AIDP provide you with clear aligner therapy.
- We may use Information for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes, and to comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- We may use Information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, support and improve our platform, its content and advertising provided to you through it (Sequence32 and third parties’) unless you have decided not to receive such advertising.
Communicating with you
- Updates and marketing. From time to time, we may send you service announcements, including policy updates and to keep you posted on our latest products and any upcoming events that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving non-essential communications.
- Customer support. If you email or write us, we will collect the name and contact information that you provide to us and will use it to respond to you.
We only permit our Personnel to access Information to the extent necessary to perform their designated functions. We require them to protect the Information and maintain its confidentiality by complying with our policies, protocols and applicable law.
We will not disclose, share or sell your Information with or to any third party (except to the extent we disclose to AIDPs or to the extent necessary, in our good faith judgment). We may use or disclose your email address, but never Personal Information to market a product or service, either directly, or through a partner that performs services on our behalf.
We may disclose Information for the purposes of the due diligence required for or for the completion of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale. We will comply with any applicable legal requirements, including notice requirements, that apply to such transactions.
Retaining and disposing of Information
Unless we otherwise give you notice, we will retain your Information for the least amount of time possible and your personal information will be deleted from the Sequence32 Platform once it is no longer required. Sequence32 is not the custodian of Information held on the Sequence32 Platform; rather it holds Information on behalf of Users or AIDPs. On termination of your User Account, Sequence32 will destroy the Information when the AIDP has obtained a copy.
Sequence32 takes the security of your information seriously. We store your information in electronic format within Canada, using computer systems with restricted access and housed in facilities using physical security measures. More generally, we have in place appropriate physical, technological, and organizational safeguards to protect Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to or from the Sequence32 Platform
You also play an important role in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Information. For example:
- Create a strong and unique password for your User Account.
- Do not share your User Account or password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password, including in any unsolicited communication such as letters, phone calls or email messages, so please contact us if you receive such a request.
- Do not share your Device with anyone else.
- Have a strong and unique password on your personal Device
Cookies and similar technologies
Links and third-party websites and applications
The Sequence32 Platform may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate and links to other websites that we do operate. These are provided solely for your convenience.
Children Under the Age of Majority
The Sequence32 Platform is not intended for children under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (“minors”) and minors are not permitted to use our Website. We will eliminate any information given by a minor if we become aware of it. We do not provide our services to minors.
We publish the current version of our Policy at www.sequence32.com/privacy-policy. We reserve the right to amend our Policy at any time.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions about our privacy practices, please contact our Chief Compliance Officer.
The words and phrases used in this Policy have the same meaning as in all other Sequence32 policies. A list of all definitions is available here.
Last updated March 2021